B Good Picture Company Ltd is the established film and television production company behind the critically acclaimed feature film ’Chicken’ ("heart-wrenching" The Guardian, ★★★★ Empire Magazine, "Extraordinary" Sight & Sound Mag) the upcoming documentary feature film on the life of Ian McKellen 'McKellen: Playing the Part' and the all-star Sky Arts TV series ‘In Love With’
Having already established itself in the industry as a bold company on the rise, working with A-list talent to create film and television appealing to a mass audience while retaining artistic integrity, B Good is moving into its next exciting phase.
With its first film released to acclaim, its second film completed and launching sales in Cannes 2017, its third feature film (developed with the BFI) in financing with an A-list cast attached, B Good has been able to achieve all it has to date with no outside company investment, and now it is ready to expand its slate.
B Good Picture Company Ltd is seeking £110,000 investment for a 15% equity position.
B Good has already proven its ability to produce critically acclaimed films that work in the market place.
CHICKEN became one of the independent film success stories of 2016: it was critically acclaimed across the board (including becoming one of Mark Kermode's favourite films of the year) won awards on its international festival run and toured the country to incredible public reaction in over 50 cinemas before launching on iTunes & Amazon and other platforms inc. BFI Player and being sold to Film4 for its TV premiere.
B Good’s second film is already completed: a fully authorised and exclusive feature film documentary on the legendary Ian McKellen, McKELLEN: PLAYING THE PART will hit the market this year and premiere at an A-List film festival.
We have done twice what many production companies struggle to do even once: complete a film of a high creative standard with market appeal. As such we are able to increase our films budgets each time we produce, and our 3rd film will be our largest yet.
Substantial accomplishments to date
1. Commissioned to produce ‘In Love With’ TV series for Sky Arts, starring 15 of the best of British actors performing the works of writers such as Dickens, Shakespeare, Wilde, and Coward.
2. Completion of first feature film, CHICKEN, shot in only 19 days.
3. CHICKEN premieres at Edinburgh International Film Festival, and goes on to have a festival run that lasts 2 years, winning awards along the way inc Grand Jury at its US Premiere.
4. Theatrically releases CHICKEN in the UK, May 2016, to critical acclaim and gaining high profile fans inc. Stephen Frears (The Queen, Philomena) Noel Clarke, Ian McKellen & Mark Kermode (BBC News/BBC Radio)
5. CHICKEN is selected by the curators of ‘the cinephile’s Netflix’ MUBI.
6. CHICKEN has its TV premiere on Film4 and home entertainment digital release on iTunes (featured on the store as a 'Recent Discovery') Amazon, BFI Player, Vimeo, Film Doo, and WeAreColony
7. Completion of our 2nd feature film: MCKELLEN: PLAYING THE PART. A unique cinematic feature film documentary on the life of Sir Ian McKellen built around an exclusive 14 hr interview with the man himself, feat. never-before-seen archive.
8. Enters financing on its 3rd feature film. A BFI developed feature film on the early life of Noel Coward, with A-list cast attached inc Vanessa Redgrave, Celia Imrie, Ian McKellen, Jonathan Pryce, Stephen Fry & more TBA. The film is fully supported by the Noel Coward Estate.
9. Commissioned by the Tate & Channel 4 to produce a film for the Queer British Artists exhibition, which is then featured on GQ, Huff Post, Attitude & more and will have a big screen premiere at the Barbican in May 2017.
Monetisation / Proceeds
As with all film production companies, revenues in the first instance are generated from production fees from each production. Beyond that, B Good retains a high percentage of profit participation in all its productions - as well as the option to further monetise directly B2C through full or part self-distribution. In instances of full self distribution (as we did with our first film) revenues can come in from: Theatrical release/Cast & Crew Q&A events/VOD release/Sale to Television
In addition, there is the int'l sale of the films to distributors either directly (as we are doing with our 1st film) or through a sales agent (as we are with our 2nd and 3rd)
B Good believes new distribution models and reaching customers directly is the future for film producers, so we pay close attention to the distribution of rights on each film. Every film we produce will be monetised in a unique way depending on the target audience & we consult a wealth of award-winning advisors on all decisions.
This money will be used to provide B Good with the capital needed to expand in every way.
Primarily this will be used for optioning stories and modest development costs to expand the slate, also included is a modest salary for core staff and hiring an office assistant, upgrading its IT and in doing so securing its back-up of films and projects, and a small portion will be used to better monetise past projects by covering the costs involved in making them accessible to the public.